We’ve got you covered with our EPCOT Packing List.
Let us help you make sure you’re ready to go to the wonderous EPCOT.
To make the most of your day in the park, having a well-thought-out packing list for EPCOT is essential.
A carefully curated EPCOT packing list not only ensures that you have everything you need for a hassle-free experience but also allows you to focus on creating unforgettable memories.
In this guide, we’ll share our top recommendations for a perfect packing list for EPCOT, so you can enjoy every moment of your trip without any worries.
EPCOT Packing List
Staying Hydrated and Energized
- Refillable water bottle: With all the walking and excitement at EPCOT, it’s crucial to stay hydrated throughout the day. A refillable water bottle is not only eco-friendly but also convenient for quenching your thirst while exploring the park.
- Snacks: Packing some snacks is a great way to keep your energy levels high during your visit. Choose healthy, easy-to-carry options like granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit. This way, you can enjoy a quick and nutritious bite between attractions without having to stop for a full meal every time.
- Lightweight battery pack: With all the photo-taking, social media updates, and Disney app usage, your devices may run out of battery quickly. A lightweight battery pack is a must-have to keep your phone or camera charged throughout the day, ensuring you never miss a memorable moment.
- Power strip with USB capability: After a long day at EPCOT, you’ll likely have multiple devices that need charging. Packing a power strip with USB capability ensures everyone can charge their gadgets simultaneously, making your hotel stay more convenient and hassle-free.
- Camera or smartphone: EPCOT is filled with picturesque spots and unforgettable experiences. Don’t forget to bring your camera or smartphone to capture those magical moments and create lasting memories of your visit.
Health and Personal Care
- Hand sanitizer: With all the touching and interacting you’ll do at EPCOT, it’s important to keep your hands clean. Carry hand sanitizer to use throughout the day, ensuring a germ-free experience.
- Travel-sized shampoo and body wash: Bring your preferred travel-sized toiletries for your hotel stay, especially if you’re particular about the products you use.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays while exploring the park. Apply sunscreen regularly, even during cooler months, to avoid sunburn and other skin damage.
- Aloe vera: In case you do get sunburned, having aloe vera in your packing list for EPCOT can provide instant relief and soothe your skin.
- Aquaphor ointment: Frequent handwashing and sanitizing can dry out your skin. Carry a compact tube of Aquaphor ointment to keep your hands moisturized and healthy.
- Travel-sized Kleenex and wet wipes: Kleenex can be a lifesaver when dealing with scratchy toilet paper, while wet wipes are perfect for cleaning hands and surfaces before eating or after touching attractions.
- First aid kit: Pack a small first aid kit with essentials like band-aids, antiseptic wipes, and any necessary medication. This ensures you’re prepared for any minor injuries or health concerns during your visit.
- Pain reliever: Long days of walking and excitement can sometimes lead to headaches or body aches. Bring your preferred pain reliever to help alleviate any discomfort and keep you going throughout the day.
Weather Protection and Comfort
- Comfortable shoes: With all the walking you’ll do at EPCOT, wearing comfortable shoes is essential. Choose supportive footwear that you can wear all day without any discomfort.
- Seasonal clothing: Check the weather forecast before your visit and pack appropriate clothing. Layering is always a good idea, as temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day.
- Umbrella: Sudden rain showers are common in Florida, and an umbrella can be a lifesaver. It’s also useful for shielding yourself from the sun during hot and sunny days.
- Ziploc bags or reusable bags: These versatile bags come in handy for various purposes, such as keeping your belongings dry during water rides, storing leftover snacks, or organizing your backpack. Opt for reusable bags to make your visit more eco-friendly.
Travel and Park Essentials
- Comfortable day bag: Choose a lightweight, comfortable bag to carry your essentials while exploring EPCOT. Consider options like crossbody bags, handbags, or even fanny packs for a hands-free and convenient experience.
- Autograph book and Sharpie: Meeting your favorite Disney characters is a highlight for many visitors. Bring an autograph book and a clickable Sharpie for easy and memorable signatures from your beloved characters.
- Travel documents, cash, and credit cards: Keep your travel documents, such as tickets and identification, safe and easily accessible. Carry some cash for small purchases or emergencies, and don’t forget your credit cards for larger transactions.
- Disney pins for pin trading: Pin trading is a popular and fun activity at Disney parks. Bring a selection of Disney pins to trade with fellow guests and cast members, creating unique souvenirs and memories of your EPCOT visit.
What can’t you bring to Epcot?
There are certain items that are not allowed inside EPCOT, including but not limited to:
- Weapons of any kind
- Selfie sticks
- Large tripods
- Glass containers (excluding small containers like baby food jars)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Folding chairs
- Large coolers
- Balloons and straws (not allowed at Animal Kingdom)
It’s important to review Disney’s park rules and prohibited items list before your visit to ensure a smooth entry.
Can I carry a purse at EPCOT?
Yes, you can carry a purse at EPCOT. In fact, it’s a great way to keep your essentials organized and accessible while you explore the park. Just make sure the purse is comfortable and not too large, so it doesn’t become a burden during your visit.
What do you wear to EPCOT?
Wear comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing when visiting EPCOT. Light, breathable fabrics are ideal for hot and humid days, while layers are essential during cooler months or evenings. Most importantly, wear comfortable shoes, as you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
Can I bring my Hydroflask into EPCOT?
Yes, you can bring your Hydroflask or any other reusable water bottle into EPCOT. It’s a great way to stay hydrated and reduce your environmental impact while enjoying your visit.
Can you bring a backpack on EPCOT rides?
Yes, you can bring a backpack on most EPCOT rides. However, some attractions may require you to store your backpack in a designated area or at your feet during the ride. Be mindful of the size and weight of your backpack to ensure it doesn’t cause any inconvenience.
Can I bring my own water bottle to EPCOT?
Yes, you can bring your own water bottle to EPCOT. In fact, it’s encouraged, as staying hydrated is essential during your visit. Refill stations and water fountains are available throughout the park for your convenience.
Does Disney have a clear bag policy?
Disney does not have a specific clear bag policy like some sporting events or concerts. However, all bags, purses, and backpacks are subject to inspection upon entry to the park. To expedite the process, consider packing your items in a way that makes them easy to see and access during the security check.
Do you need cash for Epcot?
While most transactions at EPCOT can be made using credit cards, it’s a good idea to have some cash on hand for smaller purchases or emergencies. ATMs are available at the park, but they might charge higher fees than your local bank.