As with many theme parks and large public venues, Disneyland has established guidelines and restrictions for what types of bags and items are allowed into the parks.
The Disneyland bag policy mandates security checks on all bags. Prohibited items include firearms, ammunition, and knives. Bags should not exceed dimensions of 24″ long, 15″ wide, and 18″ high. While re-usable ice packs are permitted, loose or dry ice isn’t.
The policy also gives Disneyland the discretion to disallow items deemed harmful or disruptive.
By following the Disneyland bag policy and cooperating with security personnel during bag checks, you can help ensure that your visit to Disneyland is both fun and secure.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the Disneyland bag policy, including the guidelines and restrictions that are in place for bags and other items.
Disneyland Bag Policy: Guidelines and Restrictions at Disneyland Resort
We’ll also explore the bag check procedures that you can expect when entering the parks, as well as alternatives to carrying bags that can help make your visit more convenient.
Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned Disney fan, understanding the Disneyland bag policy is an important step in planning your trip.
When visiting Disneyland Resort, it’s important to understand the Disneyland bag policy to ensure the safety and security of all guests.
Here are the guidelines and restrictions to keep in mind:
- All bags, including backpacks, purses, and diaper bags, are subject to inspection by security personnel before entering the parks. This is to prevent prohibited items from being brought into the parks and to ensure a safe and secure experience for everyone.
- Bags and backpacks can be no larger than 24″ long x 15″ wide x 18″ high (61cm x 38cm x 46cm). It’s essential to check the dimensions of your bag before your visit to avoid any issues at the security checkpoint.
The following items are prohibited by the Disneyland bag policy:
- Glass containers, weapons, and illegal drugs.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed unless they are purchased from an authorized location within the parks.
- Loose ice or dry ice is also not permitted, but reusable ice packs are allowed.
- Folding chairs and wagons are prohibited, and strollers must be no larger than 31″ wide x 52″ long (79cm x 132cm).
By following the Disneyland bag policy and being mindful of what you bring into the parks, you can help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all guests.
Bag Check Procedures at Disneyland Resort
Now that we’ve covered the Disneyland bag policy guidelines and restrictions, let’s take a closer look at the bag check procedures that you can expect when entering the parks.
As we mentioned earlier, all bags, backpacks, and other items are subject to inspection by security personnel before entering the parks.
This is to ensure that prohibited items are not brought into the parks and to enhance the safety and security of all guests.
It’s essential to cooperate with security personnel during the bag check process and be prepared to show the contents of your bag if asked.
To make the bag check process as smooth and efficient as possible, there are several tips you can follow:
- Be prepared: Before arriving at the security checkpoint, have your bag open and ready to be inspected. This will help speed up the process and prevent delays for other guests.
- Pack strategically: Avoid packing unnecessary items in your bag, as this can slow down the inspection process. Instead, only bring the essentials that you’ll need for your visit.
- Follow the guidelines: Make sure that your bag meets the size requirements and does not contain any prohibited items. This will help prevent any issues at the security checkpoint.
- Use the designated lanes: Look for the designated bag check lanes, which are often marked with signs or barriers. These lanes are designed to help keep the process organized and efficient.
By following these tips and cooperating with security personnel, you can help ensure that the bag check process at Disneyland Resort is as smooth and hassle-free as possible.
Remember that the bag check procedures are in place to protect all guests and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Alternatives to Carrying Bags at Disneyland Resort
While the Disneyland bag policy allows visitors to bring bags and backpacks into the parks, there are also alternatives to carrying bags that you may want to consider.
These alternatives can help make your visit more convenient and enjoyable, especially if you plan on spending a long day at the parks.
Two common alternatives to carrying bags at Disneyland Resort are lockers and package delivery.
Here’s a closer look at each option:
- Lockers: Disneyland Resort offers locker rentals at both parks, which are located near the entrance. Lockers come in different sizes and prices, depending on your needs. Using a locker can be an excellent option if you need to store larger items, such as strollers, or if you want to avoid carrying your bags around the parks all day. However, keep in mind that you’ll need to return to the locker each time you need to access your belongings.
- Package Delivery: Disneyland Resort also offers package delivery services, which allow you to purchase souvenirs and other items throughout the parks and have them delivered to a designated location near the exit. This can be a convenient option if you don’t want to carry your purchases around with you all day, but it’s important to note that there is a fee for this service. Additionally, it can take several hours for your items to be delivered, so plan accordingly.
When deciding between lockers and package delivery, consider the advantages and disadvantages of each option.
Lockers can be a more flexible option, as you can access your belongings at any time, but they do require you to return to the locker each time.
Package delivery can be more convenient for purchases, but it can take several hours for your items to arrive, and there is an additional fee.
To use lockers and package delivery effectively, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Plan ahead: Decide which items you’ll need throughout the day and which ones you can store or have delivered. This will help you avoid unnecessary trips to lockers or delivery locations.
- Keep track of your belongings: Make a list of what you store or have delivered, and take note of the locker location or delivery time. This will help you avoid any confusion or lost items.
- Be mindful of closing times: If you plan on using a locker, make sure to check the closing time to avoid any issues retrieving your belongings.
By using lockers or package delivery effectively, you can make your visit to Disneyland Resort more enjoyable and convenient, without worrying about carrying bags and belongings throughout the parks all day.
Is it allowed to bring a bag to Disneyland?
Yes, it is allowed to bring a bag to Disneyland, but all bags are subject to inspection as part of the Disneyland bag policy. To ensure the safety and security of all guests, Disneyland has established guidelines and restrictions on what types of bags and items are allowed into the parks.
Does Disneyland have a clear bag policy in place?
While Disneyland does not have a clear bag policy in place, all bags, including backpacks, purses, and diaper bags, are subject to inspection as part of the Disneyland bag policy. The size limits and prohibited items list are also important to keep in mind when bringing a bag to the parks.
Can I bring a water bottle with me to Disneyland?
Yes, you can bring a water bottle with you to Disneyland, as long as it meets the Disneyland bag policy guidelines and restrictions. Make sure the water bottle is made of plastic or metal and is not glass, and it must be empty when entering the parks. You can fill up your water bottle at the various water fountains located throughout the parks, or purchase bottled water from a vendor within the parks.
Is it recommended to bring a purse or backpack to Disneyland?
Whether to bring a purse or backpack to Disneyland is a matter of personal preference. However, keep in mind that all bags are subject to inspection as part of the Disneyland bag policy, and bags must be within the size limits specified. It’s also important to consider the items you’ll need throughout the day and pack accordingly, and be prepared for the bag check process to ensure a smooth and efficient entry into the parks.
Is it allowed to bring Ziploc bags to Disneyland?
Yes, Ziploc bags are allowed as part of the Disneyland bag policy. They can be useful for storing smaller items and keeping them organized in your bag. However, keep in mind that bags must be within the size limits specified, and prohibited items are not allowed in any type of bag, including Ziploc bags.
Can I bring a hydration backpack to Disneyland?
Yes, you can bring a hydration backpack to Disneyland, as long as it meets the Disneyland bag policy guidelines and restrictions. The backpack must be within the size limits specified, and any water or liquid inside the backpack must be in a plastic or metal container.
What kind of bags are permitted inside Disneyland?
As part of the Disneyland bag policy, bags and backpacks are permitted as long as they are within the size limits specified. Smaller bags, such as fanny packs or sling bags, can be a more convenient option for many visitors. Strollers are also allowed, as long as they are no larger than 31″ wide x 52″ long (79cm x 132cm). Folding chairs and wagons are prohibited.
Should you consider bringing a backpack to Disneyland?
Whether to bring a backpack to Disneyland is a personal choice, but it can be a convenient way to carry your belongings throughout the day. Keep in mind that all bags are subject to inspection as part of the Disneyland bag policy, and the backpack must be within the size limits specified. Consider the items you’ll need throughout the day and pack accordingly.
What should you do with your backpack while on rides at Disneyland?
While on rides at Disneyland, you should follow the instructions of the ride operator regarding what to do with your backpack. Some rides may have storage compartments or baskets for bags, while others may require you to place your backpack on the floor or between your legs. It’s important to follow these instructions to ensure your safety and the safety of others on the ride. Additionally, make sure to keep any valuable or fragile items with you and not in your backpack while on rides.
Where are the locations where you can get free water at Disneyland?
Instead of bringing water and carrying it with your throughout the park, you can get free water throughout the day. There are various locations throughout Disneyland Resort where you can get free water. Look for water fountains located near restrooms, or ask a Cast Member for assistance. You can also purchase bottled water from vendors within the parks.
What types of snacks are you allowed to bring into Disneyland?
According to the Disneyland bag policy, you are allowed to bring snacks and food items into the parks, as long as they do not require heating or refrigeration. Examples of snacks you can bring include granola bars, fruit, and sandwiches. Keep in mind that glass containers and large coolers are prohibited, and all bags are subject to inspection as part of the bag check process.