Are you a Disney Nerd wondering how many roller coasters are at Disney World?
Disney World is home to some of the best and most imaginative roller coasters in the world.
From Expedition Everest to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, there’s a coaster for everyone at Disney World.
Also check out our guide to which resort is best at Disney World?
With so many amazing coasters to choose from, how do you know which one is right for you?
This article will help you decide which coaster is the perfect fit for your next trip to Disney World.
How many roller coasters are at Disney World
There are eight roller coasters at Disney World. Since its opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort in Florida has become home to some of the most iconic and popular roller coasters in the world.
Today, there are a total of eight different coasters spread across the four theme parks at Disney World.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is great because it’s the only coaster at Disney World that goes backwards. It has a unique launch system that allows riders to experience the coaster’s many twists and turns in reverse.
- Expedition Everest — Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Expedition Everest is one of the most thrilling roller coasters at Disney World. It’s based on the popular Himalayan mountain range and features a number of exciting drops and twists. Riders must navigate their way through the dark caves and icy slopes of the mountain before reaching the final summit. The views from the top are absolutely breathtaking, making this coaster one of the most popular at Disney World.
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith is one of the most popular attractions at Disney World. This high-speed coaster features a number of twists and turns, as well as three inversions. Riders reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour on this coaster, making it one of the fastest in the park. If you’re looking for a thrilling coaster that will leave you exhilarated, then Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster is perfect for you.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a roller coaster located at the Magic Kingdom theme park in Walt Disney World Resort. Its great because its based on the original classic ride set in the wild west. First time to Disney World, check out our comparison of Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain.
- Slinky Dog Dash is a relatively new coaster at Disney World and is based on the popular character from Toy Story. Riders board Slinky Dog and race through a number of twists and turns, all while enjoying views of Andy’s backyard. This coaster is perfect for families with young children as it’s not too intense and provides plenty of excitement for kids of all ages. If you’re looking for a fun and relaxing coaster ride, then be sure to check out Slinky Dog Dash on your next visit to Disney World.
- Space Mountain is one of the most iconic coasters at Disney World. It’s located in the Magic Kingdom and has been a popular attraction since it opened in 1975. This coaster takes riders on a journey through space, complete with special effects that make you feel like you’re blasting off into the great beyond. Space Mountain is perfect for anyone who loves roller coasters
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is a coaster located in the New Fantasyland area of Disney World. This family-friendly coaster takes riders on a journey through the mines of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Along the way, you’ll see some of your favorite scenes from the classic Disney movie. If you’re looking for a fun and family-friendly coaster, then be sure
- Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini is another great family-friendly coaster at Disney World. This junior roller coaster is perfect for young children who are just getting into coasters. It’s also a great choice if you’re looking for a coaster that’s not too intense.
So, how many roller coasters are at Disney World?
Eight memorable rollercoasters you shouldn’t miss.
Common questions and answers for the Disney rollercoaster Nerd
How many roller coaster are at Magic Kingdom?
There are four different roller coasters located at Magic Kingdom. These include Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Barnstormer featuring Goofy as the Great Goofini.
Which Disney park in Florida has the most roller coasters?
The park with the most roller coasters at Disney World is Magic Kingdom.
What is the scariest roller coaster at Disney World?
The scariest roller coaster at Disney World is definitely Expedition Everest. This coaster is not for the faint of heart, as it reaches speeds of up to 50 miles per hour and has a height of almost 200 feet. If you’re looking for a thrill, this is the ride for you. However, if you’re not a fan of heights or speeds, you may want to give this one a miss. Here is a list of other scary rides at Disney, if you like that sort of thing.
What is the craziest ride at Disney World?
The craziest ride at Disney World is the Tower of Terror. It is a freefall ride that will send you plummeting 13 stories in just 5 seconds!
What is the most fun roller coaster in Disney World?
The most fun roller coaster in Disney World is definitely Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. This coaster is a must-do for any thrill seeker. It reaches speeds of up to 60 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds and has a number of exciting twists and turns. If you’re looking for a roller coaster that will get your heart racing, this is the one for you.
What ride at Disney World has the biggest drop?
The tallest and fastest roller coaster at Disney World is Expedition Everest, which reaches a height of 200 feet and speeds up to 50 miles per hour. However, the ride with the biggest drop is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, which plunges guests 13 stories, or about 180 feet. For comparison, the average roller coaster drops between 60 and 100 feet.
Final thoughts on how many roller coasters are at Disney World
So how many roller coasters are at Disney World?
And we’ve only just scratched the surface – there’s plenty more where that came from.
If you’re a thrill seeker and love roller coasters, then Disney World is definitely the place for you.
With eight amazing rollercoasters to choose from, you’re sure to find something that will get your heart racing.
Be sure to check out our list of the best roller coasters at Disney World and start planning your next visit today!