Edna Mode quotes from “The Incredibles” capture her wit and unique perspective. Some notable quotes include: “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now,” “Luck favors the prepared,” and her iconic line, “No capes!” These phrases showcase Edna’s no-nonsense attitude, fierce creativity.
In this article you’ll discover Edna Mode quotes that show off her no-nonsense attitude, fierce creativity, and razor-sharp wit.
Introduction to Edna Mode Quotes
Picture this: you’re a superhero, fighting crime and saving the world from evil villains, and suddenly your cape gets caught on a missile fin.
Next thing you know, you’re plummeting towards the ground, helpless and defenseless. If only someone had warned you, ‘No capes!’ Well, fear not, dear reader, because Edna Mode is here to save the day.
Let’s take a closer look at all the incredible Edna Mode quotes.
While also exploring this Disney characters origins, her impact on popular culture, and some of the most memorable Edna Mode quotes.
Best Edna Mode Quotes
Edna Mode may be small in stature, but she packs a punch with her wit, charm, and signature catchphrases.
From her iconic line ‘no capes!’ to her blunt critiques of superhero physiques, Edna Mode has become a beloved character in the Incredibles franchise.
In honor of her sassy and stylish personality, we’ve compiled over 50 of best Edna Mode quotes. The first section features quotes from the first Incredibles movie, while the second section includes quotes from Incredibles 2.
Get ready to be entertained and inspired by the fashion icon herself:
- “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now.”
- “Luck favors the prepared.”
- “[to Mr. Incredible] My God, you’ve gotten fat.”
- “Men at Robert’s age are often unstable… prone to weakness.”
- “He is bright and I am stimulating. We deserve each other.”
- “There are no illegitimate children. There are only illegitimate parents!”
- “Helen who?”
- “Done properly, parenting is a heroic act… done properly.”
- “Leave him? Here? I am not a baby person, Robert! I am not cut out for baby’s facilities! I am an artist, I don’t have time for any of this!”
- “My name is Edna but some of the girls call me Eddy after they get to know me better.”
- “And it can also withstand a temperature of over 1000 degrees. Completely bulletproof.”
- “No? Well, he’ll look fabulous anyway.”
- “This is Edna.”
- “Of course you can leave the baby overnight. I’m sure filling in for Helen is challenging, and you are very tired, and the other children need you and miss you, and you must go to them. Auntie Edna will take care of everything, so drive safely and goodbye. I enjoy our visits.”
- “Oh… My… God. “
- “Meta-Man. Express elevator. Dynaguy, snag on takeoff. Splashdown, sucked into a vortex.”
- “This is designed by Vincento? Explain yourself! “
- “Yes, words are useless. Gobble, gobble, gobble.”
- Edna: Edna Mode… [laser guns point at Helen]
Edna: …and guest. [laser guns retract]
- Edna: I didn’t know the baby’s powers so I covered the basics.
Helen: Jack-Jack doesn’t have any powers.
Edna: No? Well, he’ll look fabulous anyway.
- “This is a Hobo Suit, darling. You can’t be seen in this. I won’t allow it”
- “This is a horrible suit, darling. You can’t be seen in this. I won’t allow it. Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now? Feh!”
- “Yes, yes, marvelous suit, darling, much better than those horrible pajamas he used to wear.”
- “You are Elastigirl! My God…pull-yourself-together! “What will you do?” Is this a question? You will show him you remember that he is Mr. Incredible, and you will remind him who YOU are.”
- “Go, confront the problem. Fight! Win!”
- “You can’t! It’s impossible! I’m far too busy. So ask me now before I again become sane.”
- Bob: E, I just need a patch job. For… sentimental reasons.
Edna: Fine. I will also fix the hobo suit.
Bob: You’re the best of the best, E.
Edna: [Walking upstairs] Yes, I know, dahling.
- [her guard won’t let Mr. Incredible past the gate] “Go check the electric fence or something!”
- “Simple, elegant, yet bold. You will die.”
- “That is why I show you my work! That is why you are here!”
- “Yes, I’m sure your gratitude is quite inexpressible. Don’t ask me to do it again, dahling, my rates are far too high.”
- “All was well, another day saved – when his cape snagged on a missile fin!”
- “Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers? Nice man, good with kids.”
- Edna: It will be bold! Dramatic!
Bob: Yeah. Something classic, like, like Dynaguy. Oh, he had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots…
Edna: [throws a wadded ball of paper at Bob’s head] No capes!
- “Stratogale! April 23rd, ’57! Cape caught in a jet turbine!”
- “The human race is responsible for the unemployment? I never would’ve guessed. All this time, I kept thinking it was somebody else.”
- “Your boy’s suit I designed to withstand enormous friction without heating up or wearing out, a useful feature. Your daughter’s suit was tricky, but I finally created a sturdy material that can disappear completely as she does. Your suit can stretch as far as you can without injuring yourself, and still retain its shape. Virtually indestructible, yet it breathes like Egyptian cotton.”
- “Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Heh! Nothing super about them… spoiled, stupid little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for gods!”
- “And machine washable, darling. That’s a new feature.”
- “Blended kevlar with carbide for durability under duress and comfort also. Interwoven with these fabrics, are a mesh of tiny sensors that monitor the baby’s physical properties.”
- “And call me when you get back, darling. I enjoy our visits.”
Edna Mode Quotes From ‘The Incredibles 2’
- “Oh, pish-posh, darling. Your bill will be covered by my fee for being Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl, and Frozone’s exclusive designer throughout the known universe and until the end of time. But babysitting this one, I do for free, darling.”
- “You come in one hour darling, I insist, okay? Okay, bye-bye.”
- “Yes, I know, dahling.”
- “Any solution involving cookies will inevitably result in the demon baby.”
- “I understand your lack of sleep is confusing you, Robert. Babies can be anything, and your child is no exception. Shows unlimited potential, Robert. That’s why I worked in a creative fever. Auntie E has stayed up all night, making sure you look fabulous in your uniform.”
- “The fire retardant is blackberry-lavender, darling. Effective, edible, and delicious.”
- “Jack-Jack widened his eyes to make them shaped like mine and grows hair that looks exactly like my hairstyle.”
- “Although I have doubtlessly exceeded your expectations for a single night’s work. the suit and device contain a few more features we need to discuss.”
- “I often work to music, and I noticed the baby responds to it as well. Specifically, Mozart.”
- “You push too hard, darling! But I accept!”
Edna Mode – The Iconic Fashionista
Edna Mode is a beloved character from the Pixar animated film, The Incredibles.
Despite her limited screen time, Edna’s sharp wit, eccentric personality, and unparalleled fashion sense have made her a standout character among the film’s ensemble cast.
From her distinctive hairstyle to her signature catchphrase “darling,” Edna’s unique style and persona have made her a fan favorite and a cultural icon.
As a fashion designer, Edna is known for her avant-garde approach to superhero costumes.
She refuses to include capes, insisting that they are a danger to the wearer, and incorporates advanced technology and materials into her designs to ensure they are both stylish and functional.
Her passion for her craft is evident in her attention to detail, as she meticulously crafts each suit to suit the specific needs and abilities of the hero wearing it.
But Edna is more than just a fashionista.
She is a mentor and friend to many of the film’s characters, providing them with guidance, support, and occasionally tough love when they need it most.
Her relationship with Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl, in particular, is a testament to her loyalty and devotion, as she helps them navigate the challenges of balancing their superhero lives with their family responsibilities.
Early life and career fo Edna Mode
The world-famous and beloved Edna Mode, the pint-sized fashionista with a sharp wit and impeccable style, is a fictional character based on a real-life Hollywood legend – Edith Head!
Now, don’t worry if that name doesn’t ring a bell, as we’ll take a quick trip down memory lane and get you up to speed.
Edith Head was an American costume designer who worked in the film industry for over five decades, winning eight Academy Awards for Best Costume Design during her career.
Head is considered one of the most iconic and influential costume designers in the history of Hollywood, working on over 1000 films during her career.
It is no surprise then, that Edna Mode was inspired by such an accomplished and groundbreaking woman.
In fact, the character of Edna Mode was originally developed by Brad Bird, writer and director of “The Incredibles” franchise, as a parody of Head.
The resemblance between the two women is uncanny, as both were known for their short stature, blunt hairstyle, and their distinctive round glasses.
Despite the similarities between the two, Edna Mode’s personality is entirely unique.
She is self-important, blunt, and often times hilarious, with a sharp wit that is unmatched in the world of superhero fashion design.
While Head was known for being reserved and professional, Edna is bold and unapologetic, with a confidence that can only come from being at the top of her game.
So how did Edna Mode become a character in “The Incredibles” franchise?
Bird has stated that he was inspired to create the character after watching a documentary on fashion in the 1960s, and being struck by the unique personalities of the designers featured in the film.
He saw an opportunity to inject some humor into the often serious world of superhero movies, and thus, Edna Mode was born.
Personality and character traits:
As any true Edna Mode fan knows, the character is a force to be reckoned with.
From her impeccable fashion sense to her quick wit, Edna’s personality is as unique as her iconic sense of style.
One of her most recognizable traits is her self-importance, which she often demonstrates with her signature catchphrase, “I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now”.
Despite her diva-like behavior, however, Edna Mode has become a beloved figure in the world of animation.
Fans of “The Incredibles” franchise can’t get enough of her quick wit and eccentric personality, which add a much-needed dose of humor to the action-packed films.
It’s not hard to see why Edna has become such a fan favorite – her quirky personality is impossible not to love.
Superhero Costume Design and Fashion by Edna Mode
The clothes make the hero, and in the case of “The Incredibles” franchise, the hero-maker is none other than the fabulous Edna Mode.
With her signature catchphrase “darling” and her incredible sense of style, Edna has become a beloved figure among fans of the franchise.
As a costume designer, Edna has a keen eye for fashion and an unrivaled ability to create superhero suits that are both functional and stylish.
Her creations, like the iconic red and black suit worn by Mr. Incredible, have become instant classics.
Edna’s impact on the franchise’s fashion aesthetic cannot be overstated, as her designs have become synonymous with the bold and dynamic world of “The Incredibles”.
And it’s not just superheroes who look to Edna for fashion advice – her distinctive style has made her a fashion icon in her own right.
Legacy and Impact of Edna Mode
Edna Mode has become a beloved and iconic character in pop culture, with a lasting impact that extends beyond the world of “The Incredibles” franchise.
Her quirky personality and unique approach to fashion have earned her a dedicated fanbase, who appreciate her self-importance and diva-like behavior.
But Edna’s influence doesn’t stop there.
Her character has inspired real-life fashion designers and even other fictional characters, as evidenced by her appearance in an episode of “The Simpsons”.
Her talent as a costume designer has also had a lasting impact on the franchise’s overall aesthetic, with iconic superhero suits that are instantly recognizable and synonymous with the films.
Despite the passing of several years since the release of the first “Incredibles” movie, Edna Mode’s popularity endures.
Her unique personality, signature catchphrases, and memorable designs have ensured that she remains a fan favorite and a beloved character in her own right.