Welcome to the wonderful world of Disney World rides!
In this guide to Disney World rides, we’re going to explore the vast array of Disney World rides and attractions across the four main theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
By familiarizing yourself with the top attractions, navigating ride requirements, and understanding the Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane system, you’ll be well-prepared for an incredible Disney World vacation.
Spanning over 40 square miles, an dover 173 rides, this expansive resort is home to four incredible theme parks, each with its own unique theme and experiences.
Each park offers a unique and unforgettable experience, from thrilling roller coasters to immersive adventures and world-class entertainment.
At the heart of Walt Disney World are its four main theme parks:
- Magic Kingdom – The iconic park where dreams come true, featuring the enchanting Cinderella’s Castle and beloved Disney World rides that capture the magic of fairy tales, adventure, and fantasy.
- Epcot – A park dedicated to celebrating human achievement, innovation, and international cultures, offering thrilling attractions, immersive experiences, and delicious cuisine from around the world.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Step into the world of movies, television, and music with exhilarating Disney World rides and live shows that put you right in the heart of the action.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom – A unique park that combines thrilling Disney World rides with incredible animal encounters, educational experiences, and a focus on nature and conservation.
6 Amazing Disney Castles Around the World
Overview of Magic Kingdom
The Magic Kingdom is the heart and soul of Disney World, where classic characters come to life and timeless stories unfold.
This beloved park is divided into six enchanting lands, each with its own unique atmosphere and collection of Disney World rides, attractions, and experiences. From the iconic Cinderella’s Castle to the magical Main Street, U.S.A., there’s something for everyone at Magic Kingdom.
Top Attractions and Rides
Embark on incredible adventures and create lasting memories with some of the most iconic Disney World rides found in Magic Kingdom.
Here are our top five must-see attractions:
- Space Mountain – Blast off into the outer reaches of space on this thrilling roller coaster through the cosmos, where twists, turns, and sudden drops await in the darkness.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Join Snow White’s seven little friends on this family-friendly coaster that takes you on a rollicking ride through the enchanted forest and deep into the dwarfs’ diamond mine.
- Splash Mountain – Prepare to get soaked on this log flume adventure through the whimsical world of Br’er Rabbit, culminating in a heart-stopping, five-story drop into the briar patch.
- Pirates of the Caribbean – Set sail on a swashbuckling voyage through a Caribbean port under siege, encountering rowdy pirates, hidden treasures, and the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow along the way.
- Haunted Mansion – Step inside a spooky manor filled with 999 happy haunts, where ghostly apparitions, eerie illusions, and supernatural surprises await around every corner.
Tips for Navigating Magic Kingdom
To make the most of your time at Magic Kingdom and experience all the magical Disney World rides and attractions, consider these helpful tips:
- Arrive early to take advantage of shorter wait times for popular Disney World rides during the first few hours the park is open.
- Utilize Disney Genie+ to reserve access to Lightning Lane entrances for select attractions, allowing you to skip the standby lines and save time.
- Plan your day around parades, fireworks, and character meet-and-greets, as these events can impact crowd levels and wait times for nearby Disney World rides.
- Don’t forget to explore the lesser-known gems and hidden treasures throughout Magic Kingdom, like Tom Sawyer Island or the Swiss Family Treehouse.
- Take breaks and stay hydrated, especially during hot Florida afternoons, to keep your energy levels up and enjoy all the magical Disney World rides and experiences Magic Kingdom has to offer.
Overview of Epcot
Epcot is a celebration of human achievement, innovation, and the wonders of our world.
This unique Disney World theme park is divided into two distinct areas: Future World, which explores the realms of science, technology, and nature; and World Showcase, which immerses guests in the culture, cuisine, and architecture of 11 different countries.
With a diverse array of Disney World rides, attractions, and experiences, Epcot offers something for everyone.
Top Attractions and Rides
Discover some of the most amazing Disney World rides and experiences Epcot has to offer with our top five must-see attractions:
- Test Track – Buckle up and put your automotive design skills to the test on this high-octane thrill ride, where you’ll race through straightaways, hairpin turns, and exhilarating loops at speeds of up to 65 miles per hour.
- Soarin’ Around the World – Take flight on this breathtaking hang-gliding adventure, as you glide over iconic landmarks, awe-inspiring landscapes, and stunning vistas from around the globe.
- Frozen Ever After – Journey to the enchanting kingdom of Arendelle on this family-friendly boat ride, where you’ll join Anna, Elsa, and their friends on a heartwarming adventure inspired by the hit Disney film, Frozen.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – Embark on an epic intergalactic roller coaster adventure with the Guardians of the Galaxy, featuring thrilling twists, turns, and the innovative Omni-mover feature, which combines elements of Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain.
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure – Shrink down to the size of a rat and join Remy, the lovable culinary genius from Disney and Pixar’s Ratatouille, on a wild and whimsical romp through a larger-than-life Parisian kitchen.
Tips for Navigating Epcot
To fully enjoy all the incredible Disney World rides and attractions Epcot has to offer, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Start your day in Future World, taking advantage of shorter wait times for popular Disney World rides during the morning hours, and then explore World Showcase in the afternoon.
- Make dining reservations for unique cultural experiences at one of the many incredible restaurants in World Showcase, offering delicious cuisine from around the world.
- Check the schedule for live entertainment, festivals, and special events, as Epcot often hosts unique cultural performances, food and wine celebrations, and seasonal festivities.
- Be sure to catch the nightly fireworks spectacular, Harmonious, which features stunning pyrotechnics, colorful fountains, and beloved Disney tunes.
- Wear comfortable shoes and stay hydrated, as Epcot is the largest of the Disney World theme parks, and there’s plenty of ground to cover while exploring its amazing Disney World rides and attractions.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Overview of Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Step into the spotlight at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where the magic of movies, television, and stage comes to life.
This Disney World theme park is divided into various themed lands, including Toy Story Land, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, and Sunset Boulevard. With a mix of thrilling Disney World rides, spectacular live shows, and immersive attractions, Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers a star-studded experience for the whole family.
Top Attractions and Rides
Experience the best Disney World rides and attractions that Disney’s Hollywood Studios has to offer with our top five picks:
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith – Get ready to rock on this high-speed, indoor roller coaster featuring a soundtrack of Aerosmith’s greatest hits, as you race through the darkened streets of Los Angeles in a super-stretch limo.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – Step into the eerie world of the classic TV show, The Twilight Zone, on this thrilling, drop tower ride that takes you on a spine-chilling journey through the haunted Hollywood Tower Hotel.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge – Journey to a galaxy far, far away in this immersive land, where you can pilot the iconic Millennium Falcon on Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run or join the Resistance in an epic battle against the First Order on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Slinky Dog Dash – Climb aboard Slinky Dog for a family-friendly roller coaster adventure through Andy’s backyard in the whimsical Toy Story Land.
- Toy Story Mania! – Put on your 3D glasses and grab your spring-action shooter for this interactive, midway-style attraction, where you’ll compete in a series of zany, Toy Story-themed games.
Tips for Navigating Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Make the most of your day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with these helpful tips:
- Arrive early, especially if you want to experience popular Disney World rides like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance, which often have long wait times.
- Use Disney Genie+ to reserve access to select Disney World rides, helping you save time and maximize your enjoyment of the park’s attractions.
- Don’t miss the amazing live shows and stage performances, such as Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage.
- Take a break and enjoy a meal at one of the park’s themed restaurants, like Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant or 50’s Prime Time Café, for a unique dining experience.
- Be sure to catch the nightly fireworks show, Disney Movie Magic, which features projections of beloved Disney films and a dazzling pyrotechnic display.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Overview of Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Embrace the beauty of nature and the magic of Disney at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the largest of the four Disney World theme parks.
This one-of-a-kind park combines incredible Disney World rides, mesmerizing live shows, and amazing wildlife encounters, all set within distinct themed lands like Africa, Asia, and Pandora – The World of Avatar. Get ready for a wild adventure as you explore the wonders of this unique park.
Top Attractions and Rides
Discover the best Disney World rides and attractions that Disney’s Animal Kingdom has to offer with our top five picks:
- Avatar Flight of Passage – Soar through the breathtaking world of Pandora on the back of a banshee in this thrilling, immersive 3D ride that will leave you in awe.
- Expedition Everest – Embark on a thrilling roller coaster adventure through the snowy peaks of the Himalayas, where you’ll come face-to-face with the legendary Yeti.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – Board an open-air safari vehicle for an exciting tour through the African savanna, where you’ll encounter an array of exotic animals, including giraffes, elephants, and lions.
- Kali River Rapids – Prepare to get soaked on this exhilarating, white-water rafting adventure through the lush, Asian jungle.
- Dinosaur – Travel back in time on this dark, thrilling ride as you race to save a dinosaur from extinction while avoiding the perils of the prehistoric world.
Tips for Navigating Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Make the most of your day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with these helpful tips:
- Arrive early to experience popular Disney World rides, like Avatar Flight of Passage, which often have long wait times.
- Use Disney Genie+ to reserve access to select Disney World rides and attractions, helping you save time and make the most of your park experience.
- Take time to explore the various walking trails and animal exhibits, such as Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek, where you can get up-close encounters with fascinating wildlife.
- Don’t miss the spectacular live shows, including Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo – The Musical, which bring your favorite stories to life with incredible performances.
- Enjoy a meal at one of the park’s themed restaurants, like Tiffins or Yak & Yeti, for a delicious dining experience inspired by global flavors.
Navigating Ride Requirements and Accessibility
Height Requirements for Various Attractions
Disney World rides are designed for guests of all ages to enjoy, but certain attractions may have height requirements to ensure guest safety.
Before your visit, familiarize yourself with the height requirements for each ride, which can be found on the official Disney World website or the My Disney Experience app.
Height requirements vary, so make sure to check the specific details for each attraction to ensure a smooth experience for all members of your party.
Accessibility Options for Guests with Disabilities
Disney World is committed to providing an enjoyable and accessible experience for all guests, including those with disabilities.
Each park offers a range of services and accommodations to meet the needs of guests with mobility, hearing, visual, and cognitive disabilities.
- Wheelchair and ECV Rental: Wheelchairs and Electric Conveyance Vehicles (ECVs) are available for rent at the entrance of each park to assist guests with mobility issues.
- Accessible Attractions: Many Disney World rides and attractions are accessible to guests using wheelchairs or ECVs. Look for the wheelchair symbol on park maps and attraction signage for information about accessibility.
- Assistive Listening and Handheld Captioning Devices: For guests with hearing disabilities, Assistive Listening and Handheld Captioning devices are available at Guest Relations for use on select attractions.
- Audio Description: Guests with visual disabilities can access Audio Description through the My Disney Experience app, providing narrated descriptions of key visual elements on select attractions.
- Disability Access Service (DAS): The DAS program is designed for guests with disabilities who may have difficulty waiting in a traditional queue. Guests can request a return time for attractions, which is comparable to the current wait time, allowing them to enjoy other experiences while they wait.
Understanding the Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane System
The Disney Genie+ service is a convenient and customizable way to plan your day and save time at the parks.
For a fee, guests can access the Lightning Lane entrances for select Disney World rides and attractions, reducing wait times and enhancing the park experience. Here’s what you need to know:
- Disney Genie+ Service: For a daily fee per person, guests can use the Disney Genie+ service to reserve access to the Lightning Lane entrances for select attractions at one park per day.
- Individual Lightning Lane Selections: In addition to the Disney Genie+ service, guests can also purchase Individual Lightning Lane access for up to two highly demanded attractions each day, allowing them to skip the regular standby line.
- Reservation Windows: Guests can begin making Disney Genie+ selections at 7 a.m. on the day of their visit, while Individual Lightning Lane reservations can be made starting at park opening.
- Attraction Availability: Not all Disney World rides and attractions offer Lightning Lane access. Check the My Disney Experience app or the Disney World website for a list of participating attractions.
- Plan Ahead: Availability for popular Disney World rides can be limited, so it’s essential to plan and reserve your Lightning Lane selections early in the day to maximize your experience.
How many rides are there in Disney World?
There are 173 rides and attractions across the four main theme parks of Disney World, including Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
What rides are in Disney World Magic Kingdom?
Some popular rides in Disney World Magic Kingdom include: Space Mountain, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion.
Do Disney World rides cost money?
Admission to Disney World theme parks includes access to the majority of the rides and attractions. However, the Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane system, which allows guests to skip lines for certain attractions, may require an additional fee.
What has the most rides at Disney World?
Magic Kingdom has the most rides of all the Disney World parks. It is home to numerous iconic attractions, such as Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and the Haunted Mansion.
How many rides can you do in a day at Disney World?
The number of rides you can do in a day at Disney World depends on factors such as crowd levels, park hours, and your pace. With efficient planning, use of the Disney Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane system, and prioritizing attractions, it is possible to experience 10-15 rides per day. However, this may vary depending on your specific circumstances and the time of year you visit.