If you are considering airports near Disneyland, you have a few options as Disneyland is located in Anaheim, California.
This article will explain what airports are near Disneyland, where you should fly into, and what other options you have for getting there.
If you also want to make the most of your Disney vacation, why not check out which beaches are closest to Disneyland.
So what airports are near Disneyland?
Disneyland can be reached by six airports:
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
This list contains the six nearest airports to Disneyland.
We Nerds have listed notes on each of the pros and cons:
- John Wayne Airport (SNA) – It is approximately 13.7 miles/17 minutes to Disneyland; This is the most convenient option because it is near Disneyland and the airport is easy to navigate.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) – Located 12.9 miles away/38 minutes away from Disneyland; It is the closest airport, but it takes longer to get there due to traffic.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 37.4 miles/40 minutes. Take into account the peak hours of three to seven in the morning and two to four in the afternoon. The airport is huge with many flights arriving and departing.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) – Similar size and convenience to LGB, this airport is 33 miles/45 minutes away.
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR) – 49.2 miles/51 minutes Usually the security lines are short and the airport is easy to navigate.
- San Diego International (SAN) – It’s the farthest option, but the drive up the coast is amazing. Consider including an extra excursion to San Diego in your itinerary if you want to explore all that is available there.
There are pros and cons to each of these Disneyland airport options depending on their proximity to Anaheim, cost, convenience, and other transportation options.
- 10 Amazing Hotels Near Disneyland
- 8 Hotels with kitchens near Disneyland
- Disneyland vs Legoland: Which is better?
- 4 Newest Hotels Near Disneyland
Which airport is best for Disneyland?
Most people ask: What is the closest airport to Disneyland?
Disneyland’s closest airport is John Wayne Airport SNA, which is also one of the smallest.
Disneyland is located around 20 minutes away from the John Wayne Airport, which is the closest airport to the park.
The airport is also quite small, so you can pick up your luggage and head out without a problem. The hotel is close to the John Wayne Airport, and the airport is very close to the hotel.
Disneyland is located 14 miles from John Wayne International Airport, which has two terminals.
John Wayne Airport is served by the following airlines:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
It can be more expensive to fly into this Anaheim airport than into more affordable counterparts such as the LAX airport.
Cost, convenience, and time are all factors to consider.
Is Los Angeles International Airport or Long Beach Airport Nearer Disneyland?
Anaheim is just 19 miles from Long Beach Airport (LGB).
As a result, Disneyland flights can be taken from Long Beach Airport.
Anaheim International Airport (AHT) is located about 35 miles away from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), making it the furthest airport from Orange County.
A tiny airport serving only Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and US Airways, the Long Beach Airport is the only one in the area.
As a result, despite its proximity to Orange County, this airport isn’t always the best choice for Disneyland guests due to its small size and limited airlines.
As the fifth-largest airport in the world, it has nearly every airline imaginable flying in and out, which makes it a strong contender for being the best airport for Disneyland.
If you fly in and out of this airport, you’ll likely find the lowest airfare and most convenient flight times.
Orange County’s third largest airport is the Ontario International Airport (ONT), about 35 miles south of Anaheim.
It is a smaller airport that has a limited number of airlines, so it is closer than the Los Angeles International Airport.
In light of this, we can now ask what airports are near Disneyland?
In Orange County, the John Wayne Airport (SNA) is the clear choice for that question.
Final thought on what airports are near Disneyland
There is no doubt that SNA is one of the best airports near Anaheim, given that its fares may be more expensive than those at LAX, depending on the airline.
But convenience is an important factor in deciding which airport is best for you.
Planning a trip? Let us help!