If you are considering airports near Disneyland, you have a few options as Disneyland is located in Anaheim, California.
What airports are near Disneyland?
Short answer: The closest airport to Disneyland is John Wayne Airport, which is approximately 15 miles away.
Keep reading to find out where you should fly into, and what other options you have for getting there.
If you also want to make the most of your Disney vacation, why not check out which beaches are closest to Disneyland.
What airports are near Disneyland?
There are six airports near Disneyland.
Here are the closest Disneyland airports in order of closest to furthest:
- Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- John Wayne Orange County Airport (SNA)
- Ontario International Airport (ONT)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
- San Diego International Airport (SAN)
This list contains the six airports near Disneyland.
We Nerds have listed notes on each of the pros and cons:
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) – Located 12.9 miles away/38 minutes away from Disneyland; It is the closest Disneyland airport, but it takes longer to get there due to traffic.
- John Wayne Airport (SNA) – It is approximately 13.7 miles/17 minutes to Disneyland; This is the most convenient option because it is near Disneyland and the airport is easy to navigate.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) – 37.4 miles/40 minutes. Take into account the peak hours of three to seven in the morning and two to four in the afternoon. The airport is huge with many flights arriving and departing.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) – Similar size and convenience to LGB, this airport is 33 miles/45 minutes away.
- Bob Hope Airport (BUR) – 49.2 miles/51 minutes Usually the security lines are short and the airport is easy to navigate.
- San Diego International (SAN) – It’s the farthest option, but the drive up the coast is amazing. Consider including an extra excursion to San Diego in your itinerary if you want to explore all that is available there.
There are pros and cons to each of these Disneyland airport options depending on their proximity to Anaheim, cost, convenience, and other transportation options.
Help make your stay near Disneyland amazing with these articles:
- 10 Amazing Hotels Near Disneyland
- 8 Hotels with kitchens near Disneyland
- Disneyland vs Legoland: Which is better?
- 4 Newest Hotels Near Disneyland
Which airport is best for Disneyland?
Disneyland’s closest airport is John Wayne Airport SNA, which is also one of the smallest.
Disneyland is located around 20 minutes away from the John Wayne Airport, which is the closest airport to the park.
The airport is also quite small, so you can pick up your luggage and head out without a problem. The hotel is close to the John Wayne Airport, and the airport is very close to the hotel.
Disneyland is located 14 miles from John Wayne International Airport, which has two terminals.
John Wayne Airport is served by the following airlines:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
It can be more expensive to fly into this Anaheim airport than into more affordable counterparts such as the LAX airport.
Cost, convenience, and time are all factors to consider.
Is Los Angeles International Airport or Long Beach Airport Nearer Disneyland?
Anaheim is just 19 miles from Long Beach Airport (LGB).
As a result, Disneyland flights can be taken from Long Beach Airport.
Anaheim International Airport (AHT) is located about 35 miles away from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), making it the furthest airport from Orange County.
A tiny airport serving only Alaska Airlines, Delta Airlines, JetBlue Airways, and US Airways, the Long Beach Airport is the only one in the area.
As a result, despite its proximity to Orange County, this airport isn’t always the best choice for Disneyland guests due to its small size and limited airlines.
As the fifth-largest airport in the world, it has nearly every airline imaginable flying in and out, which makes it a strong contender for being the best airport for Disneyland.
If you fly in and out of this airport, you’ll likely find the lowest airfare and most convenient flight times.
Orange County’s third largest airport is the Ontario International Airport (ONT), about 35 miles south of Anaheim.
It is a smaller airport that has a limited number of airlines, so it is closer than the Los Angeles International Airport.
In light of this, we can now ask what airports are near Disneyland?
In Orange County, the John Wayne Airport (SNA) is the clear choice for that question.
What is the best time to fly into LAX?
While it may seem like seems as if Sunday mornings seem to be a good time to fly out of LAX. We’ve noticed less crowds from 7.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.on Sundays.
Why do flights go up the more you look?
Flight prices can fluctuate and increase over time, and one reason for this is dynamic pricing. This technique is utilized by airlines and travel companies to adjust prices based on various factors, including supply and demand, time of day, and even your search history.
Is it better to fly into SNA or LAX for Disneyland?
While both SNA (John Wayne Airport) and LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) offer access to Disneyland, John Wayne Airport is closer at approximately 15 miles away, making it potentially more convenient for travelers heading to Disneyland.
Is Burbank or LAX closer to Disneyland?
Burbank and LAX are both farther from Disneyland than John Wayne Airport. The specific distances and travel times would depend on current traffic conditions and the exact locations within each city.
Is Long Beach Airport or LAX closer to Disneyland?
The search results do not provide specific information about the distance between Long Beach Airport and Disneyland or LAX and Disneyland. However, considering that Long Beach is geographically closer to Anaheim (where Disneyland is located) than Los Angeles, it is likely that Long Beach Airport is closer to Disneyland than LAX.
What is the best airport to fly into Anaheim?
John Wayne Airport (SNA) is the closest airport to Anaheim and Disneyland, making it potentially the best option for those traveling to this area.
What is the easiest airport to fly into Disneyland?
The easiest airport to fly into for Disneyland is likely John Wayne Airport (SNA), given its proximity (approximately 15 miles) to the theme park.